Friday, July 20, 2007

what I've been up to

1. Working out like a fiend. I am on a good streak, doing 45-60 minutes of cardio a day, aiming for five days a week. It is no matter that it's barely a weeklong trend. My pants are already a wee bit looser, and that is all that matters to me. I didn't get to go today, because ...

2. My car is spiffed up (well, its oil system and tires are.
I did my yearly inspection a week before things probably get hairy for inspectors (they're up at the end of the month), thinking I'd save time in the long run. Well, no. I showed up for my 11 a.m. appointment and was promptly told that everyone was going to lunch and that "it would be a while." Well, OK, I tell them I have to leave by 3 p.m. The car people tell me this is dicey. I forsee myself going to work, dressed in workout clothes with floofy hair. Josh picks me up and takes me to a nearby Subway for lunch (I played it smart with a turkey sub with sweet onion sauce). I had plenty of stuff to work on, because ...

3. I cast on a new scarf. It is gorgeous fall colors:

close-up of colors


I also took Lori and JJ's blanket (which is about halfway done!) and I was tickled at what happened. One of the auto place's employees, this big burly youngish (that is, my age) guy stopped as he passed by the lounge and was complimenting it and asked me about it. He said with a big grin, "Man, I always wanted to learn how to do that!" I think he said women in his family always knitted but that he wanted to learn, too. I told him he shouldn't give up. Really neat. And a really old man told me his grandma made him embroider when he was younger. =)

4. I made my first YouTube video. I'm very proud of the fact that it's been viewed 29 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment