Sunday, April 27, 2008

I ran today!

Yep I hit the road for the first time in more than a week. I knew it would be rough - but my happiness at being out there outshone my huffing and puffing and coughing/sniffling fits. I took it easy and did only 2.1 miles and I'm going to keep taking it easy till I feel like I'm back at 100 percent.

I've got a busy week ahead. Tomorrow, we're having our annual newsroom award luncheon. This will be my third year attending and the first year in which there's a copy editing contest. I really don't think I'll win but I'm excited to eat a nice lunch and see which of my co-workers will win. It's sure to be bittersweet since the company's for sale and this is, I'd imagine, our final contest. I'm picking up a few OT hours before my shift Monday through Wednesday (and on Thursday, my day off). The OT (and my economic stimulus check that showed up in my bank account early yesterday) are nice ahead of my trips coming up - this weekend, I'm heading to D.C. to visit a close friend from college (and we're going to MS&W!!) and the weekend after that, Josh and I are headed to Shenandoah National Park. I love these little trips, perhaps more than "normal" vacations.

I've got some knitting and stash to photograph for Flickr/Ravelry ... but that will wait for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment