Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I found out about the idea of Thankful Thursday on another knitting blog and thought: "I can totally manage blogging at least once a week. The idea behind Thankful Thursday is that you list three things you're thankful for, on each Thursday in November. So without further ado:

Star Trek, Michalski style

1. My brother. He flew in from Ohio a week ago and we did the Wicked 10K together. Most people dress up since it's Halloween weekend. We put together our Star Trek uniforms (patches from roddenberry.com), phasers from Amazon, my ears courtesy of a costume shop in Ohio -- thanks, Mom!) We walked the race (because of his bruised rib and my general feeling of yuckiness) instead of running, and it was a nice time. While he was here, we went down to the Outer Banks and played some pool one night, too. It was lovely!


2. My beau. Maybe it's getting to be that time of the year when I get all gushy and reflective around the holidays, but I just feel so lucky to have him in my life. He's hilarious and smart and cute and generous.

straight hair

3. Lest you think I'm all about the humans ... I'm thankful for my flat-iron. After years of borrowing them from roommates or just going curly, I plunked down a little cash for a flat-iron of my own. It does not take anywhere near as long as I thought it would. I picked one of the top-rated ones on Amazon, and I'm definitely impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment