Thursday, November 1, 2007

knitting update

I finished my mom's socks! Unfortunately I haven't taken any pictures of the pair all finished. I'm so happy with how they turned out.

Aaaand I cast on for a pair of Monkeys! I'm using Thank Ewe sock yarn in Firedancer. They're for my brother's fiancee. I started with a stockinette pattern but lost all the stitches on one needle, so after frogging and much deliberation, I decided to go off the deep end and try Monkey. I'm not even in the actual pattern yet, just a few rounds into the cuff, but I'm loving it (k1tbl, p1) and think I'll use it on future stockinette socks. It just looks really smart and snappy. I'm hoping the pattern won't be too scary - I've read a lot of people who say Monkeys are really easy and fun, so maybe that will hold true for me, too. I've never done yarnovers, or ktbl, and never used a chart. By the end ... I should be a master, right?!

1 comment:

  1. Monkeys really are easy and fun! =D I think my first lace socks were Hedera (yet another awesome Cookie A. pattern)--if for some reason the Monkeys don't work out, I highly recommend Hedera as well. =)

    ReplyDelete