Saturday, November 3, 2007

monkeying around

I am loving my monkey sock!

Monkey sock, first repeat done

I cast on Thursday night and, as of this morning, am nearly done with the second repeat. I modified the pattern to include no purls, a la this pair. It makes for a much faster pair of socks. I'm also making it a 10-row repeat instead of 11 (getting rid of the final row of all knitting stitches). It's a pretty fast knit, even for me. (I had to frog four rounds or so before I decided to do the all-knit variety ... picking up 64 stitches is pretty stressful.

I'm so addicted to the monkey that I'm going to take a really fast shower to squeeze in some more knitting time before work!

EDIT: I don't know why the photo is cropped so awkwardly. If you click on the photo, you can see a full-size version.

No comments:

Post a Comment