Thursday, June 18, 2009

my first shawl

First, a reminder - I'm giving away yarn!

Now that that's out of the way, I can share my latest FO: a shawl.

wingspan

It's the Simple Yet Effective Shawl, knit from a skein of JulieSpins Not Sock Hop - Crown Mountain Farm roving (colorway: "It Takes Two, Baby) spun up into 432 yards of yummy sockweight goodness. I stumbled across it in Julie's Etsy shop a while back and decided to make it my first-ever purchase of handspun.

my first shawl

It was wonderful to work with. The finished shawl is so soft. I foresee myself making another one (or two?) of these in the future. It's such an easy, portable pattern.

My only mod was to keep the center stitch a stockinette one throughout (knitting on the right side, purling on the right side . I also just played each panel of stockinette and garter by ear.

For now, I'm getting back to my Ishbel. I'm afraid it's too small (I'm knitting it on US4s and I am knitting the smaller size), so I might rip it back to my lifeline and do the larger stockinette portion. We will see....

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love the color! I just bought some yarn to make one of these while I was out of town last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete