Tuesday, September 15, 2009

a three-day beret

My vacation beret is done!

FO: Vacation Beret

Pattern: One-Day Beret
Yarn: Dream in Color Classy, Blue Lagoon

I was a little worried before I started, because my two skeins of yarn are from very different dye lots.

dye lot fail

But alternating the skeins worked out just fine.

FO: Vacation Beret

Now I'm working on a matching cowl -- no pics yet, but it's the Birthday Cowl. I can't wait to wear these items on our trip to Washington and Oregon -- which is only a little over a month away now!

I'm off to Pittsburgh tomorrow - I'm making a very quick trip up there to be with my family and visit my granddad again. He's still in a rehab/nursing home, and he will be until he enters hospice care. I can't wait to see everyone, however brief my trip will be. I'll be back soon with another post on some secret knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment