Saturday, September 5, 2009

FO: Feelin' Blue socks

I knit these socks in a week and it took me even longer to get around to blogging about them!

FO: Feelin' Blue socks

These are knit in STR lightweight in Bella Coola. 2x2 rib over 68 stitches.

FO: Feelin' Blue socks

I'm really pleased with how the striping matched up on the legs and feet. I made a concerted effort to match the legs up when it got to knitting the heel flap -- and it worked out! I guess that's what happens when you knit socks so closely together, timewise -- you don't necessarily have gauge issues.

FO: Feelin' Blue socks

It's nice to see how I've learned since the last time I knit with this yarn. My rainbow socks (rav link) were knit so tightly on US 1 needles that honestly, they aren't super comfy. But you live nad learn.

I'm still plugging away at my Simple Yet Effective shawl -- I'm more than halfway done. Also, I've cast on for my dad's Christmas socks. I'm past the heel on sock no. 1 -- now I get to knit on the foot for forever and ever because he's got size 13 feet! After I finish his socks, I have to knit a pair for my brother. And I think that will be it for my Christmas knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment