Monday, July 5, 2010

Mimi's shawl

After a furious few days of knitting (god bless the three-day holiday weekend, even if mine was Friday through Sunday unlike most Americans), the shawl for my grandma is DONE!

shawl, modeled

Yarn: Fearless Fibers sock yarn, colorway: Speak Softly (about three-quarters of the skein)
Pattern: In the Land of Oz
Mods: Knit charts 2, 3, and (to make it larger) chart 2 through row 14
Rav details

This was the second time I've knit this shawl. It felt like it went a lot faster this time, even though I made it bigger. Perhaps it just felt intuitive? Anyhow, I could see myself even making this a third or fourth time. It's a lovely, easy, well-written pattern.

shawl, modeled

My grandma is 88 on Wednesday but I won't be giving it to her until I see her in person next month in Pittsburgh. I cannot WAIT to give it to her. She's one of the most special people in the whole world and she deserves a shawl more than anyone!

shawl's wingspan

1 comment:

  1. its really lovely - she's a lucky woman!

    btw - I added your blog to my blog-roll on the front page - hooray for friends!

    ReplyDelete