Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I've been a quiet blogger lately because I have little to show for my knitting progress. I've found it hard to knit the past few weeks because it's been so darn hot here - temperatures in the 90s or 100s with high humidity. Ugh. I think I finally found my groove with the In the Land of Oz shawl (rav link) I'm knitting for my grandma -- I'm seriously flying through the lace right now. Though her birthday is July 7, I'm planning on giving it to her in August, when I see her in person on a trip to Pittsburgh.

I don't think I ever blogged this wee hat I knit for my friend Judy's baby. She's due to give birth to a boy in August.

FO: Baby hat

I used Trekking 100 (white) and scraps of Araucania Multy (blue). It knit up really fast. And technically it's my first colorwork project! I got a little carried away with the checkerboard fun and I definitely think I'll try some other easy colorwork in the future.

I finished the hat over a month ago but waited to give it to her until her shower this weekend. She really loved the hat, so I'm tickled. Nothing like sharing a handknit with a friend! It makes me so happy.

A friend snapped this picture of us -- isn't she such a pretty gal?

me and the lady of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment