Tuesday, December 26, 2006

irony at its worst

I just can't shake this cold. When I finally crawled out of bed at 1:30, I could've slept another 12 hours in a row. I had no appetite, but forced myself to eat a sub - my favorite from Quizno's tasted like cardboard. Within an hour, I thought I might be sick. So, home I went from work. I spent the evening watching TV and drinking water - nice and low-key. I turned off "Deal or No Deal" about halfway through a re-run - doing that takes a lot, but I DVRed it. I thought I'd do a final e-mail check and head to bed. Gracie was already asleep on my freshly made bed, and I was really excited to pass out under my new quilt. I go to CNN.com and see a flashing yellow headline above everything else - President Ford has died. I check my computer's clock - 11:55 p.m. I could just see everyone at work making final checks of A1, and now ... most likely, all hell has broken loose.

For as crappy as I feel, I really wish I could have been at work when we heard about it. Clearly the proclamation of "GUYS!!! Britney filed for divorce from K-Fed!" is no. 1 in my book, but hearing someone blurt out "Ford died" would so have topped that.

No comments:

Post a Comment