Saturday, February 16, 2008

hello from Ohio!

I've been internetless at my apartment since my roommate left (and experiencing serious Ravelry withdrawal) because I'm running into issues using my boyfriend's modem, so I figured I'd post a quick update from my parents' place.

Not having internet = lots of time to get knitting done! I finished my dad's socks (pictures TK) and just cast on for a sock from "Knitting Vintage Socks" for my brother (size 1 needles, eep). We've got a three-hour drive to Pittsburgh today so I'm hoping I get lots done. We're visiting my cousin who's in the hospital and my two-week-old cousin, Grayson, and lots of family. I can't wait. Oh and we'll be eating the best pizza in the world.

My mom and I already hit a yarn store - Knitters Mercantile in Columbus. It was HUGE and had lots of nice stuff. I was in the shopping mood, but not a whole lot jumped out at me. I got two pretty yellow skeins of Louet Gems and some Berroco sock yarn that is nylon/acrylic and super soft - I don't recall the type of yarn (for some reason I want to call it the 'model' as if it's a car, haha) but it was only $7 for yarn for a whole pair of socks, so I figured it was worth a shot. I had no desire to buy any more - I think my heaping basket of sock yarn has too strong a call right now.

I'm battling some kind of chest cough/sinus thing and it's made running difficult. I'm trying not to worry about it, I know I'll get back into it when I'm better. (Not like I'd want to run in this cold Ohio weather, huh?!)

1 comment: