Tuesday, November 11, 2008

a week?

I can't believe it's been a week since Election Day (and my last post). It feels like three weeks, so much has happened. I can't get into too many details, but big stuff is happening at my job, and it's something that I must keep to myself. So now I sit and wait for it to be resolved and hope for the best, and for me, that means lots of anxiety-reducing activities like knitting and running. I've been sticking to the 4x a week run schedule and it's going great. I finally stopped bringing the dog with me and my times improved drastically. Imagine that! I'm really pushing myself and it makes me super happy. It helps that the weather is in the low 50s and sunny, just perfect for running.

Another reason I haven't checked in here is because most of my writing energy has been directed toward letters to my brother while he's at basic training. I am writing about two a week (and I'm running to the post office a mile away instead of mailing them at the box on the corner!). I forgot how nice it is to receive (and send) hand-written notes. I love getting to hear about his life there, and I love calling my parents and reading his latest letters to them. I didn't realize how much I would miss him while he's gone! Before he left, we only talked once a week, if that, but now I realize our conversations about nothing were really important to me!

Oh - and today, I got to meet a brand-new baby. My co-worker Laurie had baby Jonah early Monday morning. He was a teeny baby (barely 6 pounds) and super sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment