Wednesday, May 13, 2009

almost my weekend!

Today is my Friday, and I'm really looking forward to having the next two days off. You wouldn't think I'd be so desperate for a weekend, because I just had four days off to go to Ohio, and, a few days later, a three-day weekend (thanks to a furlough day). But I am. I've been keeping my mornings busy with running and errands and dates with friends - I went to the beach Sunday, to a new Trader Joe's on Monday, and had a great run yesterday. I like having busy mornings because they feel more productive, but today rolled around and I just didn't want to do anything. I took Gracie on a nice walk and decided to go for a run, but I ran maybe half a mile and just wasn't feeling it. No motivation. (And I was hungry, since I hadn't eaten breakfast and set out a little before noon on my run. No wonder I was ravenous.) So I made the choice to come home and do a little stretching instead. I'm slowly learning to be OK with skipping runs in favor of something else ... like knitting on Ishbel!

312/365: copout SP

I'm totally digging the colorway. I'm flying along on the stockinette section and I'm hopeful I don't run into too many hiccups on the lace part - hoping to get to that point tomorrow. I've got another trip to the beach planned with friends, a pizza party at work and knit night. Fun stuff!

I'll leave you with a pic of my herb garden. A few weeks ago, I had just transferred the plants to flower boxes and they looked rather floppy. But check out the basil now:

growing

Grow, baby, grow!

2 comments:

  1. The basil looks great! Is that Rosemary in the other container? You'll want to eventually put it in a BIG pot...it's actually an evergreen and will survive the winters here. Mine is HUGE. It's really nice to have fresh rosemary in barley soup in the winter. Yummm yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you're a winner! Send me your mailing address pronto:)

    hmccoyATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete