Wednesday, May 27, 2009

slow, slow knitter

Well, I've still been knitting but I've got no FOs to show. I'm onto the lace portion in Ishbel:

WIP: Ishbel

I've learned that I need absolute silence when working with charts. I sequester myself in the bedroom if Josh is around (and all he's doing is typing on his keyboard. Seriously.) or sit in the living room and get aggravated when the A/C kicks on. So yeah, this is slow going. I'm still on the first lace repeat.

I have knit two more repeats on the Clapotis that never ends - and I'm happy to say I've moved on to the second skein of yarn (STR mediumweight in Tlingit). I cast this on in January so I'm hopeful that, at one or two repeats a week, I'll be done in, oh, November?

And I'm cheerfully knitting away on the foot of the mate to this sock. Etc. etc.

Nothing else to report in knitting land except that I've been lucky enough to win two blog contests in the past week. I won a beautiful skein of Misti Alpaca from The ADD Knitter, who is a witty gal whose posts make me laugh and whose FOs (many of them knit with Malabrigo) make me drool. I also won a skein of STR to be determined as from Carrie, aka Irishgirlieknits, over here. She is an STR enthusiast just like me. Oh! and she sent me a copy of her newly written pattern, Cotty. So I am a lucky, lucky gal this week, and stay tuned for a giveaway soon-to-be-announced here ...

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh! I am sooo jealous! I read Irishgirlieknits' blog, too! I love Cotty...congratulations...lucky you. =) Have you used Misti Alpaca yet? I made an Amanda hat out of it (in dark green) and it is my absolute favourite winter hat!

    ReplyDelete