Friday, October 16, 2009

this and that

I have a few FOs to show off - including one that was finished nearly a month ago. Things have just been so crazy around here, though, that I just haven't had time to blog. First up, a Simple Yet Effective Shawl (rav link):

FO: Cloud Shawlette

Yarn: Fibre Company Canopy Fingering in Palm Bud (two skeins, 400 yards)
Time to knit: five weeks on and off
Size: 21” by 46”

Texture of Cloud Shawlette

This was really dreamy to work with. The yarn has a bit of alpaca in it, though, so fibers kept coming off and making my nose itch. But post-blocking, it's a soft, cozy dream.

So dreamy!

Next up is the Birthday Cowl (rav link), made to match my beret.

FO: Birthday cowl

Yarn: Dream in Color Classy in Blue Lagoon (about one skein - alternated between two dyelots)
Time to knit: about 3 weeks

Only one picture to show, as my mom snapped it for me during a little break from working at my granddad's house. I'm quite happy with how it turned out.

And finally, a little bit of stash acquisition made when I signed up for Wendyknit's toe-up sock class a few weeks ago.

Misti Alpaca Lace

It's the perfect color for a shawl for my grandma. Now that I've made my mom a little lace scarf, I'd like to make one for my grandma. This is a pale sage green that I think would be perfect for her.

I leave for vacation in less than a week (yikes!) and I have a lot to do before then. I'm making a plain black wool watchcap for my boyfriend (with a huge 24" noggin) and I'm trying to finish it in time to wash/block it before we leave. I need to make a list of restaurants we might want to check out (I've already done this for yarn stores). And, most important to a knitter, I need to decide what knitting to bring! Do I bring my half-finished Clapotis? Yarn for a plain stockinette sock or two? Cast on a unprecedented third Simple Yet Effective Shawl? Decisions, decisions ...

No comments:

Post a Comment