Monday, October 19, 2009

vacation hats

In my last post, I fretted about finishing a hat for Josh before we left for vacation on Thursday. Well, not only did I finish it, I knit another hat, too!

First up - Josh's hat:

FO: ribbed hat for Josh

Yarn: Patons Classic Merino
US 6 needles, 2x2 rib, 112 stitches
Time to knit: nine days

He has a big noggin, so I was worried about the fit. But it turned out great! I hope it comes in handy as we explore the Pacific Northwest.

I knit this next hat in two days:

FO: Ribbed hat

The yarn is Farmhouse Yarns Andy's Merino II - a really lofty and soft single ply that feels like it's on its way to being chunky instead of worsted. I used size 9 needles and switched to size 8 once I got to the crown. It is delightfully cozy and I would love to work with this yarn again (if only it weren't $19 a skein ... sigh ... I will be able to get a baby hat out of the leftovers, at least.)

Ribbed hat from the back

I settled on some vacation knitting, too: I cast on a pair of simple stockinette socks in STR Mediumweight in County Clare (possibly my favorite yarn colorway of all time), and I'll be bringing my toe-up sock-in-progress and my long-suffering Clapotis. This will likely be my last post before our trip - I'll be back with a full report sometime after Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment