Monday, January 25, 2010

Have you noticed the pattern sale benefiting earthquake relief in Haiti over on Ravelry? It has not escaped my eye. I have been drawn to shawlettes as of late - I purchased In the Land of Oz (perhaps it would make an appropriately named shawlette for my mother, Dorothy) and I plan on purchasing Daybreak before the sale ends at the end of the month.

(I realize I am behind the curve, as I usually am on all things in the knit-blog-iverse, but have you seen Stephen West's collection of patterns? So many lovelies!)

I am faithfully working away on a second sock as well as an Ishbel for my Grandma. I've set aside the laceweight Forest Canopy Shawl for her and am working on something more manageable. I'm slowly realizing that lace shawls are just really tough for me, and I want to enjoy my knitting, not stress about it the way I do with each charted row of lace. I will ease my way into lace knitting with this, my second Ishbel.

In an ideal world, I would finish Ishbel (I'm just starting the lace) in the next two and a half weeks so that I could cast something for the Knitting Olympics. (Like one of these shawlettes I keep scooping up in the pattern sale.) In reality, I know that will be highly unlikely. Maybe I will surprise myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment