Friday, August 13, 2010

Perhaps I will return to blogging more frequently now that this is in my hot little hands:

new computer = YAY

I finally upgraded my 6-year-old Compaq laptop! The breaking point was sitting down at the computer as I ate my morning cereal (as I do every day), clicking on Firefox to open a browser window, and eating all of my cereal before the damn thing loaded. I decided to stop waiting and just plunk down the money!

Of course, I'm blogging from the old computer right now ... I have to transfer my iTunes and various files over to the new one with the help of a Flash drive. For some reason I'm being a baby and am insisting on waiting until the boyfriend is home from work to do it. Oh hai, I'm a helpless female.

I can show you this: the socks-in-progress for my brother's girlfriend. These will be her first handknit socks:

WIP: Meg's socks

They're pretty cute, if I may say so myself. Yarn is Loopy Legends Solid Series -- I didn't care for its hand at first, but it's growing on me now that I'm well into the second sock. I'm knitting these 4-row stripes on size 2 needles, but if they were for me, I think I'd have gone down to a 1 for tighter gauge. She has small feet (US women's 7.5), which is the smallest adult sock I've ever knit! So wee!

This is probably as good a time as any to confess that I am rather ambivalent about knitting any more socks for my family for Christmas. It's not that the socks aren't worn, or that my family doesn't know the work that goes into them. That couldn't be further from the truth. And it's not that I'm pushing sock-making duties off on my mom, now that she's knitting socks. I must confess that I am just itching to knit more socks for myself! I know my feet so well that I can knock out a pair of stockinette socks for myself in a week or so, but gift knitting seems to drag and drag ...

With four months till Christmas, I'm hopeful I can overcome this ennui and kickstart my gift knitting again!

No comments:

Post a Comment