Sunday, August 29, 2010

the sock report

I've got a bevy of finished knits to show you, but first up will be the knitted good nearest and dearest to my heart: socks!

FO: Ohio State socks

These are my first Christmas gift of the year -- socks for my brother's girlfriend in Ohio State colors.

Yarn: Loopy Ewe Solid Series in Strawberry and Smoke (about a half skein of each)
US 2 needles
Time to knit: About 2.5 weeks

I'm happy with how the joins turned out, too:

Detail of the jogs

I think Meg will really like them. She's been coveting the Ohio State mittens I made for my brother a couple years ago.

Detail of the jogs

Next up is a pair of socks for myself. Also stripey!

FO: Stripey Socks

Yarn: Vesper Sock Yarn, colorway Lovely Lollipop Sky (a summer 2008 Vesper Sock Club offering)
US 1 needles
Time to knit: a month and a half

FO: Stripey Socks

I'm really happy with them -- I got lazy on the first one and bound off a little early, so they're not the tallest things. But that's OK. They're so bright and cheery, I smile every time I look down at my feet!

stripey detail

These pairs are nos. 9 and 10 of 2010, putting me ahead of schedule for my goal of 12 pairs in 2010. I already have two new pairs on the needles ...

If you'll excuse me, I will return to my knitting. I have a pot of chili in the crockpot for dinner tonight. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment