Monday, February 2, 2009

I'm home from Georgia and I seem to have brought back a horrid sore throat with me. I was off yesterday for the Super Bowl (thanks to a generous co-worker who traded shifts with me) and called in sick today, something I hatehatehate to do. So I'm a little cranky, but I figured I'd make the most of my germ-y day at home and update the blog and find the energy to do a little knitting.

the fam

It was a really great visit. I am so proud of my brother and it was fun to get to spend so much time with him and see the place he's been living since October.

Of course there was lots of knitting time on the trip. I exhausted my first skein of Malabrigo (colorway: Pollen) in a garter-stitch scarf.

scarf progress

I didn't think to bring the second skein, so I also cast on for a Clapotis with some STR mediumweight and knit some more on my rainbow STR socks. I have a $50 gift certificate to Blue Moon burning a hole in my pocket and I might succumb to it soon, as it's my birthday in nine days and the lure of a yarny birthday gift to myself is hard to ignore.

And of course, last night was the Super Bowl and my Steelers won. I watched it - and freaked out especially in the last four minutes or so. I could be more excited about their awesome victory but I'm kind of stumbling around the house with a painful throat and that's taken over much of my attention. meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment