Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Knitting Olympics!

I can't say that I have a project in mind. I'm just going to knit as much as I can on my current WIPs. Not exciting, I know.

I do, however, have a finished pair of socks - the first FO of 2010!

FO: Birthday socks

Pattern: Shifty by Anne Hanson
Yarn: Hazel Knits Artisan Sock in Pacific
Mods: Knit one fewer repeat on the leg
Needles: US 2
Details on Rav

Birthday socks, modeled

Loved, loved, loved this pattern. It was really intuitive, even for a generally anti-pattern sock knitter like myself. The yarn is squishy and wonderful, too. I just wish I would've made the leg a bit longer. (I cut it short because of my size 11 feet, and I had 33 grams of yarn left. Whoops.)

Birthday socks, detail

The twisted stitches don't look all that impressive while you're knitting, but put a sock on your foot and BOOM. Super pronounced!

Birthday socks, heel detail

The color was really hard to capture, but I think the first picture is most accurate.

Verdict: I'll definitely be knitting this pattern again!

No comments:

Post a Comment