Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Marbles socks - check!

Marbles socks, modeled

I finished the Marbles socks for my friend Jamie. We were classmates and dorm neighbors in college and often shared shoes (when you wear a size 11, that's a real thing of beauty!) -- so I took the opportunity to model these socks I knit for her.

I gave her one of the first pairs I knit, two years ago, and she still texts me all the time to let me know when she's wearing them. I figured she was due for another pair. =) I'm going to wash/block them and then they'll be off to New York City!

FO: Marbles socks

Yarn: Socks that Rock lightweight in Marbles (a prize from a blog contest over at Irishgirlieknits - thanks, Carrie!)
Needles: US 1
Toe-up, 72 stitches, 2x2 rib at cuff
8g of yarn leftover
(Rav details)

I've already cast on for my next sock project ... a pattern out of Wendy Johnson's "Socks from the Toe Up." I am digging this amazing blue yarn, purchased at MDS&W two years ago ...

my next socks ...

I'm hoping to finish 'em before MDS&W in three and a half weeks. (Holy moly, it will be here soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment