Thursday, February 22, 2007

11 miles!

I did it! I know the gorgeous weather gave me a boost (it was 65 out). I ate a Gu after mile 6. Man, I don't know if I'll ever get used to that stuff. It's the consistency (and color - slightly yellow) of mucus. At least the flavor isn't half bad. I set a new personal distance AND learned it's possible to do multiple 6 mile loops without giving up. I am strong. I can do this race.

Today decided it, I want to do my long runs on my days off work from now on. I like being able to wait until midday to run (granted, I can't do that in summer when it's 80 degrees by 10 a.m.), I love being able to nap afterward. The bad side is, after you burn 1700 calories, you are hungry, and when you are at home, you want to eat everything in sight. Lucky for me, I resisted the urge to eat anything super substantial until dinner. Colley Cantina had mailed a flyer about a three-course meal for $14.99. So Josh and I walked over, and I had crab imperial nachos (sooo great ... each of the five nachos had a ton of crab meat on it), blackened chicken angelhair pasta (it was eh - the sauce was a little too creamy for my liking, I barely ate half of it), and apple cobbler a la mode (I am obsessed with the crust of desserts and this was delicious).

OK ... back to important things like catching up on TV shows, painting my toes and crocheting my basketweave scarf!

No comments:

Post a Comment