Thursday, February 22, 2007

Like Dory says, just keep swimming

I haven't been writing much about running lately. That's because I haven't been running too often, despite the fact that my half-marathon is less than a month away now. The final leg of the Tidewater Distance Series was Saturday, and I ended up running a 10K instead of a 20K. I'm not too upset about it, it was a decent 10K, and it was about 26 degrees the whole time. I sat in my car with the heat on for 10 minutes before I could think about moving after the race ended.

That being said, I know I've got to tackle an 11- and 12-miler before the half marathon. And I'm taking on the first distance today. A few weeks ago, I ran a great 10-miler at First Landing. I'm going to try to run today in Norfolk because of my apprehension over this story.

Bottom line is, I just have to finish the half marathon. I'm not looking to place, or run a PR, I'm just looking to cover the 13.1 miles. And that is enough. I'll still get a finisher's medal if I end up walking a mile of it. I just need to realize that I'm too hard on myself sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment