Friday, February 16, 2007

Zer is problem wit dein cable.


I started and killed my first cable scarf EVER over the past 24 hours. Lauren got me this awesome book for my birthday, and the minute I saw the braided cable scarf, I knew I wanted to make it. It involved front post treble crochet (scarily abbreviated FPtrc) and BPtrc, which I've never done. Well, I got the stich down, but I'm afraid I was constructing the braids wrong. They looked a little off. So I frogged it, and I'm going to try a basketweave scarf from the same book.

As a side note, I've been reading this - "Knitting Rules" by Stephanie Pearl Mc-Phee. I also love her blog. She is an amazingly talented knitter (without ever playing the "I am one awesome knitter/look at me go" card). I love her self-deprecation. All knitters can be conquered by a project. I couldn't help but think of a section in "Knitting Rules" about finding friends who understand her knitting last night when Josh wanted to watch "The Science of Sleep" without any lights on. My immediate thought was "but then I can't crochet." I swallowed that thought and bravely watched it without any crochet. I liked what we saw of it - we stopped it about 30 minutes in because we were tired. Lame. I'm going to watch "Half Nelson" today/tonight. I love me some Ryan Gosling.

P.S. You get bonus points if you know the source of this post's subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment