Friday, April 20, 2007

an update of sorts

I've tried to avoid my computer at home the past few days. Work has been intense, and my weekend was cut short to work some overtime in light of the news this week. It's been the kind of week where, at 12:30 a.m., I got in my car and drove home in silence - no radio, no phone calls - just to decompress.

Yesterday was my day off, and I wanted it to be a happy one. So I took Gracie for a nice run/walk in the gloomy weather (luckily it didn't rain on us). I had to buy yarn for yet another co-worker who wants me to make a baby blanket - actually, she wants two. Whee! I visited a yarn shop I hadn't been to yet, and I'm glad I went. All yarn was 40 percent off. I found some supersoft Plymouth DK in a nice baby variegated colorway.


I went to AC Moore, where I bought some double-pointed needles for eventual sockmaking and some white Caron Simply Soft to pair with the Plymouth DK. And I got some blue and green Simply Soft for the other blanket. Perfect. I bought some gorgeous sock yarn at The Hook and I, too.


I came home and crocheted all night and watched the Metaphor-Off on The Colbert Report, among other delicious television programs. Here's my progress on the first blanket:


Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment