Wednesday, May 23, 2007

whew

I'm feeling inspired. I started training for a new duty at work tonight, and it was intimidating but very fun. I thrive on responsibilities, and this is a big one, but I am up for the challenge.

Aaaaaand my Yarn Pirate sock yarn in Daisy arrived a few days ago:

It is so gorgeous. I covet the Pretty Pirate yarn at her special-order sale going on right now, but I really can't be spending $26 a skein on any more yarn. I'm saving Daisy for once I get better at socks ... I found a relatively easy crocheted sock pattern online, so I'm hoping to take that up on my "weekend," which starts Thursday, with my green and blue Sockotta.

And I discovered this Flickr group - it is absolutely gorgeous. It looked oddly familiar, though. That's because I picked up that magazine (Spring 2006 issue of Interweave Crochet) last September when I was at Knitting Addiction in the Outer Banks. Score! So the Babette blanket is on my to-do list, for sure.

As for life outside of work and crochet? Eh. I'll keep busy with yarn, racquetball, Wii (I'm inching toward becoming a tennis pro) and long dog walks and hope the other facets of my life shape up soon.

Oh yeah ...
Exercise Hourlong walk with Gracie. We have had a string of gorgeous days lately - mid-70s, sunny. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment