Friday, May 11, 2007

accountability

There's an easy solution to getting in shape/losing weight: eating less, exercising more. Yet why can't I just do that? I know there are no magic tricks. My friends and I have been going around about this for month: How can we accomplish this? I think my friends and I might be on the right track, though. Nick and I went to Cogan's last night, and over pizza (you don't have to say anything, I know it's bad), we talked about how when we were younger, we'd just go play frisbee outside. Or go roll down hills and ride bikes with friends. There didn't have to be some end goal, we'd just goof off. So maybe we need to make it a point to do that kind of thing now. I know, planning spontaneous exercise is kind of ridiculous. But maybe we should make an effort to go for a long walk around Ghent. Or play tennis at Fergus Reid. That kind of exercise is great, because it's fun, you're with friends, and you're accountable to other people. It's easy to skip the gym when you're not supposed to meet a friend there.

With that in mind, I'm going to try to put a little kicker at the bottom of each post with what I did that day to get moving. It'll keep me accountable to someone out there, even it's just typing it on the screen.

I haven't forgotten about my trip to South Carolina. I want to post about my trip-within-a-trip to Asheville, too.

Exercise: 2.3 mile walk with Gracie, 40-45 minutes (17:24-19:36 pace - it was pretty hot out)

No comments:

Post a Comment