Monday, May 14, 2007

the best one of the best ones

Man but the past few days have been great. On Friday, Josh took me to dinner at my new favorite restaurant and I had my second meal ever there - the Louisiana cajun pasta (in a lunch-sized portion, which was still huge - we were there at early-bird time, I guess). We weren't super hungry for cheesecake, though. We were in the mood for gore (!!!), so we saw "28 Weeks Later" and it scared the bejesus out of me, as I knew it would. Despite my poor sleep that night, it was a good movie.

And Sunday was fun ... we went to D'Egg for breakfast and while we waited for our food, we read the Sunday Times. Then at my place, he read some more while I took a few hours to edit some pages from our redesign guide. I love that kind of editing - little odds and ends here and there. It was so relaxing. I came home from work to find him playing Wii golf (oddly his Wii has lived at our house since he bought it last week), and we played more Wii for a few hours before sleep. It was really an unremarkable weekend, but it lovely and perfect to me.

P.S. Today I ran for the first time in a while. Granted, it was on a treadmill and it was a laughably short time, but I just felt like I needed to get something out of my system, and running was the only solution. On my way out of the gym, I stopped at the registration window and on a whim grabbed a class schedule. So tomorrow I'm signing up for a belly-dancing class. It will be good for me and build character, like Calvin's dad always says. I'm wondering whether I can convince any friends to sign up, but I think I might prefer to keep my flubbiness to myself and a bunch of strange women in a hourlong class each week.

P.P.S. The title of the post is from my new favorite song, thanks to the episode of "Scrubs" from May 3. It's cheesy but I love it. I'm surprised "Grey's Anatomy" hasn't picked it up yet.

Exercise: 15 minutes on the treadmill (run/walk), 20 minutes cycling

No comments:

Post a Comment