Friday, January 5, 2007

geared up

Tomorrow's my first 10K in the Tidewater Striders Distance Series (I'm doing the 10K-15K-20K version), and I'm psyched.

I feel prepared - although I took a good chunk of December off, I got back into the swing of things in the past few weeks. I ran six miles on Wednesday, and it felt really, really good. I've done a good deal of biking and even a little hill work at the gym, too. I'm a little nervous about the weather - it's supposed to be 67 and post-rainy tomorrow morning. I hate running in humid weather - it feels like the air chokes you.

The silver lining is, I'm fairly confident in embarrassing myself much less tomorrow than I think I might at the 15K (9.3 miles) in three weeks. That is going to be rough, no matter how long my runs are before then.

Time to sleep! I have to pick up a running buddy at 7:30. He's such a speedy runner that he will, no doubt, finish his 20K before I finish the 10K.

No comments:

Post a Comment