Tuesday, January 16, 2007

This is January?

The lack of posts in the past week can only be attributed to the weather. I've been outside a lot lately. Going backwards ...

Monday Glaring sunshine during my run (and lots of neighborhood kids riding bikes - I even saw a bunch of little girls picnicking/sunbathing. So cute!).

Sunday I took Gracie to the boardwalk. It seemed that most of Virginia Beach had the same idea - the boardwalk was packed like the height of summer. Fun, though.

Saturday I was really, really nervous for my run at First Landing. First off, I was alone (My running partner is injured, and I really latch onto the idea that I need her there to motivate me). Secondly, it would be a new record distance. Well, I rocked those eight miles all by my lonesome. I don't know if I was more proud of the run or more proud that I got up around 7 a.m. and was out of my car by 8:15 a.m.

I know it'll be back in the 40s within a few days, but I enjoyed this little respite from Virginia's version of winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment