Friday, January 19, 2007

Should I name it??

I am very excited to share that I'm the proud owner of a Crock-Pot (the 6-quart silver programmable one)!!! Josh got me it for Christmas but didn't feel that it was an appropriate Christmas gift. (Perhaps it is a sign he is sick of my grilled cheese sandwiches?) So he gave it to me the other day as a belated Christmas present (not an early birthday present ... sweet). It's still sitting on the dining room table - I need to conjure up some massive closet space right about now.

Tonight I bought a 2-pound eye of the round roast to christen the Crock-Pot. It's going to have to wait a week or so, though, because I don't have a day off work until next Friday. If I can't hold out, I might make it overnight and then shred the beef for sandwiches. My co-worker Bernadette is known for her desserts - perhaps I can be the Crock-Pot queen, feeding the nightside with my delicious shredded beef sandwiches and chicken noodle soup.

1 comment:

  1. But the beauty of crockpots is that you *don't* have to be off work to use it! Though I have to admit that I do always crock when I'm home because I'm afraid I'm going to burn the house down. And I don't even have a house.
    I hope I get to taste some!

    ReplyDelete