Wednesday, June 20, 2007

off to the beach

I'm headed to the Outer Banks for two and a half days of fun in the sun (well, today might be spent mostly indoors because it's supposed to rain). I'm going with my roommate and a few other friends from work. Unlike my trip of 950 miles to Pittsburgh this weekend, heading to Kitty Hawk is a hop, skip and a jump from where I live. I'm bringing magazine, a book and of course a crochet project or two. =) I finally started the shawl for a co-worker and I am in love with it! Pictures will come after my trip ...

Last night was my first night acting as wire editor at work - I've done a similar thing for the business section, but that is on a much smaller scale (compiling a few briefs packages and the occasional story). I nervously pitched stories for the front page on a busy, busy news day (two would make it on A1), I had a temporary freak-out when I realized the massive amount of news I'd have to try to get in, but I think it mostly worked out in the end. I really, really liked it and can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment