Sunday, June 10, 2007

weekend review

This has been a really good weekend.

It all started with Friday - although it was unbearably, miserably stickily (is that even a word?) hot out, my friends and I walked from work to Town Point Park to see the Parade of Sail. Easily one of the coolest things I've ever done. I've been on a tall ship before but this was my first time to see a bunch with their sails up/out (I'm not up with my sailing lingo, sorry). We even saw people hanging from the masts, a-way up high!

close-up!


It wore me down. I spent the rest of the day watching Sex and the City and working on the white ripple baby blanket. Lovely and lazy.

Saturday, I celebrated Knit in Public Day with sassenach! We met up at one of my favorite yarn stores (I bought my first pair of circulars!) and headed to Barnes and Noble. It was so much fun to talk yarny things! I made a ton of progress on the baby blanket and finished it at my cousin's dance recital later that day. Some friends came over after they finished up at work, and we played Wii forever. Before Stephanie arrived, Bethany and I decided to make a Mii for her - it is seriously paper dolls for twentysomethings. I also started a new baby blanket, with Moda Dea Cherish that I hope makes a lovely blanket, also in the Golden Glow pattern from Jan Eaton's ripple masterpiece. I love that pattern.

Today Josh and I saw "Knocked Up." I loved it! Super, super funny, and it featured a ton of my favorites from "Freaks & Geeks." Now I'm off to defrost some hamburger buns and figure out how to roast some potatoes with the burgs. =)

1 comment:

  1. I had so much fun on Saturday! We should get together for yarniness again. =D And yay, you finished the blanket!

    ReplyDelete