Saturday, August 11, 2007

That's much better.

Today Gracie started whining around 6 a.m., so I shuffled out of bed to walk her. I was so surprised ... it was really nice out! In fact, at about 70 degrees, it was practically chilly. Had I had a few more hours of sleep, I think I would've rushed back to my place and put on running clothes. But sleep-running isn't a good idea. So I got a few more hours sleep and put on my running shoes around 11 a.m. Gracie kept looking up at me, panting/smiling, as if she were saying "man I've missed this!" The poor cookie has been cooped up in the house except for our half-block long walks in this miserable heat.

Today is my lone day off. I think I'm going to organize all the knitting/crochet patterns floating around my room with my spiffy new binder and maybe even pick up a knitting project for the first time in almost a week. (Whee!!) Tonight I'm going to a co-worker's barbecue. He just got back from a photography job in Africa for a nonprofit that sets up medical clinics. I am in awe. I want to bring my camera, because I'm sure it'll be a great time, but I'm half afraid to try to take pictures in front of some of the most genius newspaper photographers in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment