Saturday, September 1, 2007

In 48 hours ...

One day in ...

I'm well on my way to a sock! This photo is a day old; I'm about nine rows into the body of the sock (plain old stockinette ... which is boring but fine, I like feeling as if I've got at least something on this project mastered). The yarn is Patons Kroy, which splits and fuzzes a little bit (I think maybe I'm tough on yarns, too) but overall looks quite lovely. It did a little bit of pooling in the cuff but is looking better the more I knit in the round.

I can't get enough of this project. Don't get me wrong, I've worked on it *a lot* over the past 48 hours. Several hours a day, I'd guess. But it's not enough. I went out with friends Thursday night ... and really wanted to bring it with me. Would have been pretty messy, though - after a couple drinks, I definitely didn't need to be knitting. This afternoon, I went to a sports bar for delicious bad-for-you food during Penn State's football game. I kept it in my bag the whole time ... but contemplating knitting. Brought it to the beach, kept it in the car.

Anyhoo ... it's been a lovely, lovely vacation (all three days thus far). I'm secretly hoping I can knit all the way to the heel flap by SnB on Monday so I can work on it with some real pros around. Then again it's been very satisfying figuring out all this stuff on my own, too!

This nice weather has been wonderful, too. I turned off the A/C tonight and threw open the back door, which means Gracie has lots of exciting sights and sounds:

surveilling the neighborhood

1 comment:

  1. yayyy your sock looks great! Can't wait to see your progress tomorrow! =) Go you!

    ReplyDelete