Thursday, September 13, 2007

just another Thursday.

I just rented Disturbia, the second season of Extras (I looooove Ricky Gervais) and the first season of a saucily named British sketch comedy, Manstrokewoman. What was I thinking? That's a lot of TV for two nights. Well, I don't have any plans tomorrow so I'm sure I can knock a lot of the TV shows out.

In other news ...

I am weighing signing up for the Yarn Pirate Booty Club on Saturday. I lovelovelove her yarns and last time around, I sat there with the subscription in my cart and then Xed out at the last minute, feeling guilty because I hadn't learned to knit socks yet, money stuff, etc. This time around I am a sock knitter! I'm going to think it over. I have to keep in mind that I'm going to the D.C. area next week and plan to hit two yarn stores and a few days later, I plan to visit Knit in Charleston. (I must weigh the factor that I can't get Yarn Pirate yarns at these stores in my decision making process.) I think I would prefer the delayed gratification of the Booty Club, because ...

After my return from Charleston, I will be on a yarn diet. (Again.) It went very well the first time around, and that was only a month. I'm sure I can do it until Christmas. I just have to avoid my LYSs. After all, I will be too busy knitting Christmas gift socks to be thinking about buying yarn.

The new Knitty came out today ... I totally want to make Mr Greenjeans. It's a one-button cardigan with a stockinette body, a pretty part ribbed, part cable bit under the bust and three-quarters-length sleeves (looove). I think it could be the rare cardigan that could flatter my shape. I already added it to my Ravelry queue.

All right, it's time to get my exciting night of DVDs started. I'm going to cast on for a Christmas sock. No, I haven't finished my first sock, but I like to learn a new technique in silence. I will finish the toe tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Ricky Gervais was so hilarious on My Life on the D-List when Kathy was in England! And can you believe she won an Emmy! I was so happy for her! =D

    I'm still on the yarn diet, as you know...but I got that Yarn Pirate email too and definitely contemplated it. But I'm pretty sure I'll hold out for the 2008 Rockin' Sock Club from Blue Moon Fiber Arts. =)

    Have fun before you go back on the diet, though! Buy some yarn for me! =D

    ReplyDelete