Sunday, March 30, 2008

a lazy weekend (and another FO)

finished Monkey

I finished my monkey sock! And I'm more than halfway to the heel on its mate. That's what you get on a lazy weekend. It's been perfect. This weekend started my monthlong rotation of having Saturdays and Sundays off work. This only happens once a year or so. Normally I'm off on Thursdays and Fridays, which are my boyfriend's longest days at work. Boo.

Anyway, it's been a really, really great "real" weekend off. Yesterday we slept in and I made blueberry muffins. Then I made us a super yummy roast in the crockpot for dinner, along with oven-roasted potatoes and corn and gravy. SUPER YUM. We watched "Michael Clayton," which was really, really good. And I fell asleep in bed watching "The Fellowship of the Rings." Today, more sleeping in, and I went to a book club at my friend's apartment where we had a great time, took a nap and went out for pizza with Josh at Cogan's. It's just been a really fun weekend, getting to actually go do date-ish things and hang out together.

No running for me this weekend ... it's been really cold and rainy and I am battling allergies, I didn't want to add a cold into the mix. Anyhow, I think my muscles needed time to heal after Thursday's and Friday's runs. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's run, though.

3 comments: