Tuesday, April 1, 2008

no April Fools' joke here

I bought yarn for my first sweater!! I have been wanting to buy sweater yarn but wouldn't let myself, because I've been on a yarn diet for the past three months (with the exception of my trip to Ohio). Well, I think I just had a moment of weakness. I'm not feeling well, it's kind of hot and sticky out (but I refuse to put on the A/C) and I am missing my family a lot. Then an e-mail popped into my inbox from WEBS about an anniversary sale. I had to take advantage of it. I did some research on the sale yarns, only checking out the ones with good yardage for the price, and further checked reviews/projects on Ravelry. And Berroco Ultra Alpaca seemed like a good choice. I got eight skeins (1720 yards, to be safe) of Oceanic Mix. I love it! And it seemed like a good deal, $5.99 a skein instead of $8.50. Now I have something to look forward to in the mail. I think I'm going to eventually cast on for a seamless raglan sweater from "Knitting Without Tears." Eventually being the key word, as I own about two pairs of circular needles.

In other future projects, I really want to make a wrap for my cousin's wedding in July. I might use my silk garden to make a Clapotis. Something to keep in mind when I go dress shopping...

I'm progressing well on the Monkey socks - I have one more repeat and then I'm at the heel flap. I'm going to try to remember to take a progress picture this afternoon. I just need to keep up the momentum to finish them before early May - she has big feet like me, so the foot might take a while!

ETA: I got an e-mail Tuesday night saying the yarn is on back order and they expect to get it in in mid-April. Dang it!!

2 comments: