Tuesday, July 31, 2007

my first SnB

Yep that's right! I went to my first Stitch and Bitch last night. I went to Barnes and Nobles and knitted away with four ladies. They were very fun and very funny and I hope I can make it out there again (even though my work schedule makes it difficult). It is always really nice to go talk about nerdy yarny things with people who want to hear about it, instead of my dear roommate Lauren (who probably thinks I'm crazy for having so much yarn) and my dear boyfriend (who at least pretends to pay attention).

After last night's inspiration (two of them were making gorgeous socks with Koigu and Panda Cotton), I placed my first order at the Loopy Ewe - I got some Claudia's Hand Painted to eventually make socks for my mom (in the Steelers colorway!) I'm thinking they will be a Christmas present. I've been coveting that yarn forever, and I don't want it to disappear and I regret not buying it. I also got some Panda Cotton in Picnic - it's pretty reasonable for sock yarn, and Tasha (one of the SnBers) was knitting a pretty lacy pattern with some green Panda Cotton last night.

I think I need to state for the record that as of 2:35 p.m. July 31, 2007, I am on a yarn diet once again. I've been on a spree since the Fourth of July sale at Ewe Knit. I have the incentive of saving money for a trip to Charleston with Josh. We will have been dating for a year(!) come September, and I really should set yarn money aside for the B&B I booked. Plus, wouldn't it be fun to break the yarn diet in Charleston?? =)

Oh! And here are some project pictures so this post isn't completely bare. JJ and Lori's blanket is more than halfway done:

ripple blanket progress

And here is the not-so-secret knitting project:

new scarf project!

I am in love with this colorway. I stop every few rows to admire it, which isn't helping my speed, but ... it's just so darn pretty!

1 comment:

  1. oh I love The Loopy Ewe! Warning, buying from there can become addictive. =D But I'm with you on the yarn diet--I simply cannot buy any more yarn for at least a month. It's getting out of control!

    ReplyDelete