Wednesday, July 4, 2007

So, the blanket that's a house-warming gift for my friends the dog owners? It's progressing nicely, eight rows in. (Pattern is Soft Waves from "200 Ripple Stitches" - very easy to memorize, and very pretty. I can't wait for a whole pattern repeat - I'm doing six rows of blue, then gold.)


It's morphing into a housewarming gift tinged with sadness. My friend's father died unexpectedly today. They're on vacation, and now they're making their way to South Dakota to the funeral.

I'm not good at knowing the right thing to say ... I tend to talk too fast, or I say something dumb, and then I say something even dumber in my attempt to gloss over the first dumb thing I said. Sometimes I think the only thing I know how to do in a somewhat proper manner is crochet. So I'll be thinking about her papa with every stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment